TOMATO & POTATO PORK BONE SOUP (蕃茄薯仔豬骨湯)
In the Chinese culture, people enjoy using bones as a key ingredient in making soup because of the nutrients and vitamins it has and it contains almost no oil (apart from the oil it produces whilst inside the pot).
This soup has a natural hint of sweetness which is a great way to detox but at the same time healthy for everyone in the house to drink. In addition to this, this soup is not creamy.
The ingredients can be purchased from our Cash and Carry in London Greenwich and Glasgow as well as on SeeWoo Express.
Please feel free to share your creation with us on social media and we will feature this on our channels.
Don’t forget, the ingredients on recipe contain traces of meat.
- Tomatoes – 5 chopped
- Potatoes – Peeled and chopped
- Pork Bones – 500g
- Water – Approximately 2.5 liters
- Salt – To taste
- Firstly, prepare the tomatoes and potatoes by washing them, and removing the skin (you can keep the skin on the tomatoes if preferred)
- Next, chop the tomatoes and potatoes into small-sized chunks
- Pour 1 liter of water into a pot and set it to high heat and allow it to boil
- Once the water is boiling, add the pork bones into the water for approximately 10 minutes (or until the water turns grey). This removed the blood and fat from the pork
- Then remove the pork and putting it through a colander and set aside and pour the water away (if you are using the same pot, don’t forget to clean it before use)
- Next, add the remaining 1.5 liters of water into the hot along with the pork bones, tomatoes, and potatoes. Cover the pot, and set to high heat and let it boil for 10 – 15 minutes
- Once you hear the water boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for approximately 90 minutes
- When the soup is ready, you should smell the delicious aromas of the tomatoes and potatoes. This is when you should switch off the heat.
- This soup should be consumed warm or as hot as the person could handle